New Heritage Signage in Leominster Town Centre
Those of you who have been out walking in Leominster recently may have spotted some new information boards installed at heritage sites around the town centre. The boards are the final part of a town-wide signage project managed by the Town Council and funded by a grant from The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development.
Volunteers from Leominster Museum, Leominster Civic Society, Leominster Historical Society, Leominster Priory and Leominster Forbury have done an incredible job of bringing Leominster’s heritage to life, with stories, facts, photos and illustrations spanning over 1500 years of our town’s history.
Look out for the boards as they appear at the following locations:
- Grange Walk
- The Grange (by The Pavilion)
- Leominster Priory
- Pinsley Mead
- Priory House
- Leominster’s Rivers (by Leominster Fire Station)
- Leominster’s Market House (at the Buttercross Arcade)
- Corn Square
- Etnam St (at Leominster Museum)
- Old Market Site
- Leominster Station
- Leominster Forbury
A heritage trail leaflet will be available from the Leominster Tourist Information Centre, once all of the heritage boards are installed. The boards will also be made available in audio format, via the Town Council and Tourist Information Centre websites.