COVID-19 - Can We Help?
Leominster Town Council is continuing to work with Leominster COVID-19 SOS volunteering group, HVOSS Community Wheels and other local partners to support those living in and around Leominster. Registered volunteers are ready to give you a hand with:
- Collection and delivery of essential items such as prescriptions, shopping and other essential supplies
- The delivery of personal care items.
- Transport to urgent appointments
- A weekly chat
- Care of pets, including dog walking
- Help accessing the latest government guidance
- Advice and support for those experiencing hardship
To speak to a member of our support team, just call us on:
01568 611734 (9am until 3pm, Monday to Friday)
If the line is busy, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you are phoning on behalf of a neighbour or family member, please ensure that you ask their permission before passing on any personal details.
We are here to help!
Leominster Food Bank
Leominster Food Bank is run by volunteers and relies on donations to provide food bags for those who need them. The Food Bank is located at The Old Priory, Church Street, Leominster HR6 8EQ. It is next door to the Youth Hostel.
To access a food bag from Leominster Food Bank, you need a voucher which can be sent to you/directly to the food bank by email. The voucher will tell you where and when to collect your food bag or, if you are self-isolating, food can be delivered. Days you can collect your food bag are on a Tuesday and Friday from 11am-12pm.
The Job Centre, Local Housing Associations, Social Care, Early Years and local schools can all issue vouchers, where there is a need.
In addition, ANYONE can come between 11.30am -12pm on selected days to access free ‘food share’ fresh food such as bread and vegetables. No voucher or appointment is required for this food but it is dependent on donations that day and cannot be guaranteed.
How to Help
Please leave any donations in Food Bank collection points at:
- Leominster Co-op, Dishley Street, Leominster
- Morrisons, Barons Cross Road, Leominster
- Leominster Community Centre, School Road, Leominster
- TM Factors, Glendower Road, Leominster
The Food Bank ask for the following donations please:
- Bags! Good quality, clean ‘Bags for Life’ and strong carrier bags
- Tinned Meat and Fish
- Tinned Pies
- Long Life Milk
- Pasta Sauce
- Tinned vegetables and fruit
- Washing powder and washing up liquid
- Deodorant, shampoo, shower gel Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Pet food
- Non perishable goods only please – must be in date!