The Grange is a large green space, located a short walk from Leominster Town Centre. Once used as a grazing area for Ryeland sheep, the Grange is now a much loved area of Leominster. The area sits at the end of Grange Walk, which leads immediately from Corn Square (where a busy market is held on Fridays). The main feature of The Grange is a number of specimen trees, including mature Purple Beech, Wellingtonias and a Verdun Oak – grown from an acorn brought back from The Somme after the First World War. Set out in a large ovular shape, The Grange used to host cricket matches and still retains a characterful pavilion.
At the far end of this formal green space sits Grange Court, built in 1633 and once located at the top of Broad Street, it was moved to its current location in 1859. Grange Court has had a varied history and is currently run as a Heritage and Community Hub by LARC and features a cafe. Grange Court
Between Grange Court and The Priory Churchyard sits the children’s play area and a large grassed area that is frequently used for picnicking. We are currently working to create a new design for a sympathetic and exciting destination play area for the town. Priory Churchyard, Pinsley Mead, The Millennium Orchard and Green are all easily accessible from The Grange.
The War Memorials are located on the northern edge of The Grange.